Monday, April 27, 2009

Feels Like Summer

We are enjoying a taste of summer here in the Northeastern part of the US. Friday night after work I went to my local nursery to see what was new and came home with a few plants that I couldn't resist -- pansies, geraniums, marigolds to name a few.



I spent the weekend outside working in my gardens. I have 5 areas around the house and yard to maintain not too mention the containers that I have on the deck and patio. Some of these will go into the existing gardens and some will go into containers on the deck.

I love this time of year when the weather turns warm and you can spend the entire day outside. I have to admit I did not spend all of yesterday working in the yard. I spent a few hours sitting on the deck reading Paula Deen's Memoirs. After we ate lunch at her restaurant, The Lady & Sons, in Savannah, we browsed through the gift shop and I picked up a copy of her book. It is a quick read and I am almost finished with it.

So as you can see, not much was done in the way of quilting this weekend. In fact, I don't remember the last time I actually sat in front of my machine and sewed. I have been doing some handwork but not as much as I should given all of the projects I would like to do! Perhaps I will sit on the deck tonight and do a little handwork before it gets dark.

Happy Stitchin'

No comments: