Thursday, April 24, 2008

I am still here . . .

Wanted to at least get a post to let you know that I am still here. However work and a family medical situation has taken over my life for the past week and a half. The good news is that the medical situation is improving everyday. I haven't been at the sewing machine too much lately but have been keeping my hands busy with prep work for an applique BOM that I started 5 years ago. Not sure what I was thinking at the time since I was VERY new to applique and there are lots and lots of leaves (my least favorite part of applique because I am not very good at making the points). I have decided that this will be my learning piece of applique so I am hopeful that by the end of the 12 blocks my points will have improved greatly! I started this BOM using the freezer paper method but think when I prep the April block I will switch to the template and starch method which I learned from Megan.

As Caryn mentioned on her blog, we did manage to conduct our own mini shop hop last Sunday. We found some great civil war fabrics to add to our stash. Mostly greens and golds which don't photograph very well unfortunately.



As well as some bits and pieces to add to my beach theme I Spy collection, a couple of yellows for my Jimmy Buffet quilt and a pattern for embroidered tea towels.

No comments: