Sunday, September 21, 2008

Aunt Millie's Garden

This afternoon a few of us are gathering at Megan's to work on our Aunt Millie's blocks based on the Piece o' Cake pattern, Aunt Millie's Garden. Cousin Caryn is joining us too -- she is working on the Stars in the Garden blocks which was a BOM at our LQS. Actually this quilt shop isn't exactly local since it is about an hour's drive from my house. I also joined this BOM but haven't started any of the blocks. Thus it is not an UFO and I clearly start Aunt Millie's Garden instead.

I decided to use brights for the flowers, leaves and stems. However, I have yet to decide on the background fabrics. Initially I thought I would use a black and white dot. I then thought about a white on white print. However I never got to the LQS to look for backgrounds -- so I am thinking the Kona White or the Kona Snow that is sitting in my stash may work just fine for today's gathering and with a little luck I will get to a quilt shop soon.

Here is a sampling of my fabrics -- hmmm maybe a few yellows should be added to the bunch.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Very yummy choices. Some yellow indeed would be perfect. I cannot wait to see it.

Jennifer said...

My LQS is creating block kits each month. Quilters were told to choose a background fabric and that was all they say we had (thank God)! I chose red; each month's background is a different red fabric.

Perhaps you could just select backgrounds as you go along, so long as they are all "whites".