Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Few Pleasant Surprises and A Bit of Housekeeping

My oldest DS and his friends went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art today and I got a souvenir -- the 2009 Calendar of American Quilts.



A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had taken a class by Megan. Here is my finished tote bag. It is a great size to carry a book or handwork.


A co-worker of mine also took the class. Yesterday she showed me one of the latest versions -- the combination of fabrics she chose were fantastic. The world has another obsessed quilter -- she has made at least 6 of the Chloe bags I taught in August and she has made at least 4 or 5 of Megan's tote. It gives me a great feeling to know that I have helped a friend improve her skills and develop a passion about quilting.

As promised in my last post, here is a photo of the tote bag book I picked up in Pennsylvania last week. It is written by an Australian author which I did not realize at the time I purchased it. I was too busy oodling over the great tote bags and purses. There are several I would love to try in the very near future.


And just for fun a picture of my kitty, Malibu Blue . . .


As I write this post I realize that my last post was a milestone -- my 50th post. When I started my blog earlier this year, I had no idea where it would take me or the friends it would bring me. It has been a great journey so far and I hope the next 50 posts are just as wonderful.

No comments: