Thursday, October 30, 2008

Snow in October ???

The good news is I am feeling much better after spending the better part of last weekend either in bed or on the couch. The bad news is that I did not get too much of anything accomplished last weekend sewing related or otherwise which really stinks as it was a rainy weekend and perfect weather for sewing and/or cleaning.

On Tuesday we had a bit of a surprise here in the Northeast -- our first snowstorm of the season! I think somebody forgot to tell Mother Nature it was October. I remember having snow on Thanksgiving which is rare -- but before Halloween is just plain crazy. We had about 5 inches before it turned back to rain/sleet. However in areas not that far from me there were reports of 11 inches. Needless to say, there were fallen trees, closed roads and loss of power for many residents. We lost our power for more than 24 hours. There are still people in our town without power -- they even setup a shelter at the local high school. If this is any indication of the winter ahead, I am packing my bags and moving south until Spring returns.

















I won't be blogging for the next few days as the Posse is going on a sewing retreat for the weekend. We are meeting for breakfast tomorrow morning, then it is off to do a bit of shopping before checking into the resort for the weekend. I am looking forward to spending the weekend with my quilting buddies -- just sewing, chatting, sharing a bottle of wine or two. No one asking what we are having for dinner, when dinner will be ready and whether or not there will be dessert. Yup, I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend with friends. And Mother Nature is forecast to be back in her Autumn mode -- sunny, crisp fall days with temps in the 50's & 60's.

No comments: