Friday, October 10, 2008

My Crazy Life

As a teenager I had a steady babysitting job during the week after school. I watched two preschoolers during the afternoon for the two hours between the time their mother had to leave for work and their father came home from work. I remember thinking that Patti had such a busy, exciting life always running from here to there compared to my mother who was a stay-at-home mom and rarely went anywhere outside of the weekly food shopping. Hmm what I would not give for some of that quiet, boring life that my mother seemed to lead. I keep trying to figure out how to get some control and sanity back into my life particularly during the first 10 days of the month when I am at my absolute busiest at work. My latest thinking is I just need to accept that fact that work will over take my life for the 3 or 4 business days of the month and there is not much I can do about it since there are deadlines and deliverables that are not going to change just because I want some work/life balance. The next 6 or 7 days are full of deliverables as well but the deadlines are a bit longer so there is a little bit of breathing space. So, you are wondering, what does this have to do with quilting, blogging, etc.? Not much except that I probably won't post during those first 7 to 10 days of each month. Not because I don't want to -- believe me there a posts swirling inside my head that just can't get out. There just isn't enough time in the day to post or even think about writing a post during those first few days. So if I disappear for a few days or more and it is the beginning of a new month, you will know why.

In addition to the month-end craziness, I will be traveling for work during the next few months. This morning I am in Pennsylvania on business. Fortunately I was able to drive out yesterday afternoon so there is no flying in and out within 24 hours AND I have enough gas to make it back to NJ before needing to fill the tank! Another plus to this trip is there are two quilt shops within a short distance of my location. One of them I went to yesterday afternoon. The other one I am hoping to visit on my way home this afternoon. Although I don't have pictures to share with you of my purchases, I can tell you there was a purse/tote bag book calling to me. Obviously I couldn't leave it at the shop, it had to come home with me. I promise to share more in my next post.

TGIF!

No comments: