Sunday, March 2, 2008

Posse Outing

The Posse gathered for an outing yesterday. The "Posse" is a term that my DH has given to my circle of quilting friends. After a few phone calls and text messages yesterday morning, we coordinated our meeting time and place. We were a bit worried the snow storm might have delayed our departure time but luckily the weatherman was wrong again! Soon we arrived at our destination -- the local quilt show! Our approach to the show was varied. Some of us purchased items immediately upon seeing them in the vendor's booths. While others made a list and decided on their purchases at the end of the day. I have tried several times to first walk through the vendors, make a list and come back at the end of the day. But that approach just doesn't seem to work for me. What if the item is gone when I finally decide to go back and purchase it? On the other hand, there is a lot to be said for the wait and see approach -- just in case something better is lurking in those last few aisles.

Happily I was able to cross off a few items from my quilting wish list -- civil war fabrics for my Civil War Diary blocks, fabrics for my ongoing I Spy quilt and plus a few items that I didn't even know I needed before I left the house.

Below are civil war reproductions that will work nicely with the Civil War Diary blocks ....


3 comments:

Caryn said...

Can't wait till the next one!

Marilyn R said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your CW blocks with your new fabric!

Takako said...

Wooooo!! These fabrics are perfect for CW blocks! Good choice, Mary!
Sounds like you had a good time at the quilt show.